Prepare for a totally new combat experience as you fight massive air, sea and undersea battles in WWII's Pacific theatre in direct command of multiple warships, planes and submarines in this epic solo and online tactical action game.
For the first time experience the true intensity of large scale aerial and naval combat in a unique mix of direct action and tactical play. Directly control dozens of highly detailed warships, aircraft and submarines in a 'free-control' environment as you design and execute the best plans of attack. Command the colossal fire power of a fully armed battleship, engage the enemy in fierce dogfights through flak-infested skies, or utilise the silent attack of your submarine to unleash deadly torpedo attacks on unsuspecting enemies.
Battlestations: Midway follows the story of naval recruit Henry Walker, whose first assignment as a gunner at Pearl Harbor is the starting point of an incredible career at the heart of the US Pacific Fleet in 1942, in what was to become one of the most inspirational military campaigns in history.
- Experience epic WWII combat from multiple perspectives as you jump between dozens of units, playing as a pilot, a gunner, a submarine captain or even a carrier fleet commander
- Every battle takes place simultaneously in the air, on the sea and beneath the waves. Movement of your fleet and the individual efforts of any one vehicle is critical to success
- Huge multi-unit online battles with up to 8 players controlling over 100 units
- Cutting-edge graphics bring the Pacific ocean and island chains alive with lush real-world environments, dynamic weather effects and incredibly detailed vehicles and weaponry
- Each warship, plane and submarine is authentically designed. The more players know about each units profile, capabilities and weaknesses the better they will fight
- Features 11 epic campaign missions, 12 bonus challenge missions, naval training academy and an immersive storyline
Release Date May 22, 2009
Language English, French, Spanish, Italian, German
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.